Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Fairy

I was walking down the old country road on a breezy morning, and I happened to see something unusual. There was a little girl sitting by old farmer Joe's pick-up truck. The strangest art of this encounter was that this little girl, had wings. Her skin was perfect and her cheeks were perfectly rosy red. The first idea that popped into my mind is that she was a fairy. I decided to walk a little closer to the strange girl, and noticed that she was looking into a mirror. It was a round mirror, one of the ones you would see at some big pageant. As I walked closer and closer I started to realize that she was humming a tune. It was a peaceful kind of sound, like sitting by a waterfall on a quiet night. I finally walked to her, and she seemed startled.